Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax produced in the seeds of the jojoba (a woody shrub). Native Americans extracted the oil to treat wounds and skin conditions centuries ago. Jojoba oil benefits consist of:
- Soothes and softens the skin
- Restores elasticity
- Conditions the hair and scalp
- Absorbs easily into the skin.
- A good source of vitamin E
- Moisturizes chapped and dry skin
Jojoba oil has a mild nutty scent and is a bright, gold color. It closely resembles the natural sebum within our own skin. Jojoba oil benefits inflamed skin, eczema and psoriasis. It is very mild and gentle on the skin. Look for face creams, lip balm and lotions with jojoba oil as an ingredient.